2020 | Program Information and Schedule
January 14 | Paperwork & Music DUE
January 17 | 2:45 - 5:00pm | Try-Outs at Banyan MPR
January 22 | 2:45 - 5:00pm | Rehearsal at Banyan MPR
January 24 | 2:45 - 5:00pm | Rehearsal at Banyan MPR
January 30 | 3:30 - 5:30pm | Dress Rehearsal
January 31 | 6:00 - 8:00pm | TALENT SHOW
Newbury Park High School | Performing Arts Center
456 N Reino Rd, Newbury Park
Your support makes these events a success.
Check out the SignUpGenius!
TALENT SHOW APPLICATION FORM
The Banyan Talent Show is open to all Banyan students Kindergarten - 5th grade.
Please turn in the completed Talent Show Application Form [ENGLISH | ESPAÑOL] along with your music into the Banyan front office during business hours OR email to Banyan Talent Show Committee.
- This is an elementary school talent show. Please keep in mind the participants will range from age 5 – 11. Content must be age appropriate.
- Costumes must meet school dress code requirements. If an exception needs to be made, the costume must be pre-approved by the Talent Show committee.
- All students must attend try-outs and rehearsals. These are mandatory.
- Rehearsals are closed to parents and friends unless they wish to join the Talent Show committee and help coordinate the event.
- This is not a professional performance but an elementary school talent show, it is an opportunity for all students to gain confidence and performance skills.
- We strive to include as many acts as possible, however, if there are too many acts, then acts will be selected based on originality, preparation, and variety. For example, if multiple students try-out to sing the same song, students may be asked to change their song choice.
- The Talent Show Committee reserves the right to have final say on music, performance, and attire.
- All singers will sing to instrumental versions of their songs.
- Solo songs are limited to 1:30 minutes in length.
- Duets/group songs are limited to 2:00 minutes in length.
- Please ensure that costumes are age appropriate for young students.
- Solo dances are limited to 1:30 minutes in length.
- Group dances are limited to 2:00 minutes in length.
- Please state which instrument(s) you will be playing in the application form.
- Musical pieces are limited to 2:00 minutes in length.
Magic, Comedy, and Variety Acts
- Please ensure that content is age appropriate for young students.
- Solo routines are limited to 1:30 minutes in length.
- Group routines are limited to 2:00 minutes in length.
Newbury Park | California
Banyan Elementary School PTA