2018 - 2019 | UPDATED DATES | Program Information and Schedule
December 11, 2018 | Paperwork & Music DUE
December 14, 2018 | 2:45-5:00pm | Try-Outs at Banyan MPR
January 8, 2018 | 2:45-5:00pm | Rehearsal at Banyan MPR
January 11, 2019 | 2:45-5:00pm | Rehearsal at Banyan MPR
January 17, 2019 | 3:30-6:00pm | Dress Rehearsal
January 18, 2019 | 6:00-9:00pm | TALENT SHOW
Newbury Park High School, Performing Arts Center
456 N Reino Rd, Newbury Park, CA 91320
Your support makes these events a success. Check out the SignUpGenius!
Newbury Park | California
Banyan Elementary School PTA
The Banyan Talent Show is open to all Banyan students K - 5th grade. Please keep in mind when selecting acts to perform...cuts may need to be made after try-outs to ensure a reasonable show length. Please come prepared!
Talent Show Application Form
Please turn in the Talent Show Application Form [ENGLISH | ESPAÑOL] along with your music into the Banyan front office during business hours OR email to Banyan Talent Show Committee.
- This is an elementary school talent show. Please keep in mind the participants will range from age 5 – 11. Music must be age appropriate, use good judgment when selecting an act (and while many current songs do not have the most age appropriate lyrics, there are plenty of songs out there that do).
- Costumes must meet school dress code requirements. If an exception needs to be made (especially in the dance routines), the costume must be pre-approved by the Talent Show committee.
- All students must attend try-outs and rehearsals. These are mandatory
- While we appreciate parent help, the rehearsals will be closed to parents and friends unless they wish to join the Talent Show committee and help put on the event.
- This is not a professional performance but an elementary school talent show, it is an opportunity for all students to gain confidence and performance skills
- We will strive to include as many acts as possible, however, if there are too many acts, then acts well be selected based on originality, preparation, and variety. We ask all students to be creative. For example if multiple students try-out to sing the same song students may be asked to change their song choice.
- The Talent Committee reserves the right to have final say on music, performance, and attire.
- All singers will sing to instrumental versions of their songs.
- Songs will need to be edited to 1:30 in length for solos and 2:00 for duo and groups.
- Please make sure costumes are appropriate.
- Songs will need to be edited to 1:30 in length for solos. Duos or groups may perform up to 2:00 minutes in length.
- Musical work will need to be edited down to fit a maximum of 2 minutes in length.
- Please state what instrument you will be playing in the audition paperwork.
Magic & Comedy Acts
- Please make sure your material is appropriate for young students.
- Practice your timing so that your routine is 1:30 in length for solo acts and 2:00 for duo and group performances.
Any questions? Please contact the Banyan Talent Show Committee.